Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Owen!

Owen is 6 months (and a week) old. I know everyone says this, but I am going to say it too...I can't believe how fast he's growing up. It seems like he was just a little baby that couldn't really do much, and now he's wanting to get up and start moving so badly. He is rolling all over the place and he can get his knees under him, but he still can't push up on his arms to crawl. He's starting to get siting without assistance down, but we still have a lot of toppling over backward. He went to his check up yesterday and here are the stats.
Height: 26 1/4 inches - 90th percentile
Weight: 16 lbs. 9 oz. - 50th percentile
Head Circumference: 25th percentile
So basically I have a tall baby with a small head...for now at least. I'm sure he'll level off someday. Here are some recent pictures of him...and the dog (the other baby).

Parker sits as close as he can to Owen, they're already buddies.

Sadly, that's not food...it's spit up.I wanted to show off my new haircut.

12 comments:

Carrie said...

You look so pretty!!!!! Your baby is so stinkin' cute :) Just one question..how did he get spit up all over his face like that? My guess...he spit up and then rubbed his hands on his face...babies are funny like that :)
The other night Riley rolled over in his sleep onto his stomach and rotated his body 90 degrees...we found him horizontal and face down in his crib, thankfully breathing, but it was scary...kids are amazing

Kristin said...

Carrie, you're right about the spit up, he was on his tummy and he rubbed his face in it, and then rolled over like nothing was wrong. Do you have a blog? It won't let me see it if you do. Let me know, I'd love to see pictures of Riley. (Cute name by the way!)

Heidi said...

Owen is so cute! I don't miss the days of spit up especially after seeing that picture. I love your hair cut, you look really pretty!!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Oh, I like your hair cut! It looks really good on you!

Also, Owen is so cute. I totally hear ya on the growing up to fast stuff too! :)

candice said...

your hair is cute and congrats on making it half a year!

The Wilson Family said...

So stinkin cute!! And I love the due!! You look great for having a six month old. Way to go!!

Ryan said...

Nice hair!

So you've got 6 months down, only 222 more months until he leaves on his mission and your major duties as his parents drop significantly!

So where is he getting this height from??

Jenny and Josh said...

LOVE THE HAIR CUT! You lok awesome! Owen is so incredibly adorable! I can't believe it's been 6 months. Time flies! Enjoy his lack of mobility while you can. My 9 month old Nephew is crawling now, he is lightening fast, you look away for one sencond and he at the door, or the stairs, or.... anything that is dangerous it seems!

Katie said...

I love, love your hair! Is it the cut or how you styled that makes it look so cute? I think that's my favorite hair cut of yours. Owen is such a handsome little guy...he looks so cute in the barfy picture...that's funny.

10zfam said...

i love your hair cut. it looks super cute. i hope you don't mind me blogstalking you.

KariAnn Urry Tensmeyer

The Porter Family said...

Your hair looks fabulous!! Owen is adorable! We have many of those rubbed-the-spit-up-in-the-face pics, too. They are great. :) Owen will get sitting up and crawling soon enough...no worries. Enjoy him being immobile while you still can. :)

Kristin said...

Thank you everyone, you are all so sweet. It's nice to get confirmation that you're new haircut isn't totally terrible.