Thursday, February 28, 2008

Owen's First Game

Last Saturday we headed up to Portland with our friends Landon and Heather to watch a BYU - University of Portland baseball game. BYU lost pretty bad, and it was hard to watch towards the end, but it was a beautiful spring-like day so we were just happy to be outside. (I know it looks bad that Blake and I are wearing jackets and Owen is in short-sleeves, but it was actually quite warm, and Owen has wearing a jacket or a blanket most of the time.)
After the game, we went to IKEA to buy a bookcase and a few other things and to try some Swedish meatballs which were pretty good, but I still don't get the obsession over them.
It was a great day, and it made us really excited for Spring. Especially Blake, he's getting the itch to play softball. And I'm getting excited about going for bike rides all along the trails here with Owen in the little bike trailer behind me. Pictures of those activities to come.

2 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Okay, I kind of agree with you about the meatballs. Don't get me wrong, I really did like them. They were good and I really liked that they were very tender and that they didn't have any dots in them. I hate dots in my food. But, they were kind of small and I don't think they quite lived up to all the hype. I think I was expecting something out of this world, and they weren't that.

It looks like you guys had a great time at the game. Today was a really nice day here in Utah. It got me excited for the Spring and to take Maggie on walks. Life gets so much more fun when you have kids to do things with, don't you think?

Heidi said...

It's always fun to see BYU lose at least according to Aaron. You guys are such a cute family!