Friday, February 8, 2008

Cloth Diapers

I swore up and down, I would never use cloth diapers on my baby, because I thought it was revolting and just too much work for something that will just be pooped on. But I guess I'm turning a little green up here in Oregon, because ever since I learned that it takes a disposable diaper 250+ years to decompose (how they know that, I'm not sure) and that landfills are filling up with them, I've been wanting to take a more eco-friendly approach. So I researched them and found some that I wanted to try. I've been using them for about 3 weeks, and they're not bad....I actually like to use them. Here's a picture of Owen modeling his new diaper. He is wearing a purple one because it was cheaper than the other colors. Sorry Owen.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

You are quite the woman Kristen, I don't know if I could be paid enough money to do cloth diapers! I try to be "green" other ways that don't make me gag.

Carlee Hoopes said...

Hey, I saw a video clip about these. What are they called again? They are different from normal cloth diapers because you basically just throw a little absorbent thing away but keep using the outer diaper shell, right? Maybe I'm wrong, but the video I saw was intriguing.

Kristin said...

I wish it was one of those. They are called G Diapers, and they have a flushable insert, so they're really handy. But they are kind of expensive, so we just use a cloth insert with an outer cover like the G Diaper. I'm hoping someday I will be able to use those.

Katie said...

Alright Kristin! People used to tease me for saying I would use them. Here I am not using them and you are! Owen is so so cute.

Kristin said...

Ha ha! Katie, I was probably one of them! If I was, I'm sorry. I didn't know they had changed so much. I'm just worried what it's going to be like when he starts eating food...the poop is going to be a lot worse!

Ryan said...

The first ones aren't too bad...just wait! Katie WANTED to use them until I swore that I would never touch the thing. I think that helped her decide what to use. Good for you, you're a better person than I.

Kristin said...

Blake has been a really good sport about them. He even changes the poopy ones. Thank you honey!