Sunday, March 2, 2008

One of my friends invited me to play in a flag football tournament this past Saturday. My only experience playing football is one season of flag football. Quite frankly, I like playing football but I don't know much about plays. I'm also in really bad shape since I haven't been exercising. We got to play at Autzen Stadium. It was really cool playing on the turf. We played three games yesterday and for the most part I played a marginal role, but I did manage to bring down a long touchdown pass while being covered by 3 defenders. I felt like Randy Moss for 10 seconds. I'm paying the price today though. My body is really sore. I have been riding my bike to school a lot this past week so maybe I'll lose a few pounds before summer.



Don't blink, you might miss me.


This is pretty much how I felt the whole time.

Owen has been having a tough time getting filled up on formula alone, so our pediatrician told us we could start feeding him rice cereal. So here are some pictures of his first "real food." At first he really didn't know what to do, but after awhile he really started to eat fast. Sadly, I had already taken the camera away when he finally got the hang of it.


9 comments:

Ryan said...

I can just imagine you playing football for the Ducks. Your legs do look pretty white in those pictures. You need to either get some sun, or stop shaving your legs

The Sayamas said...

Owen is so dang cute! I actually know Carlee through my sister. They are in the same ward and have become really good friends. It's crazy how everyone so connected somehow!

Katie said...

Isn't feeding babies the hardest? Sheesh, it'd be nice if they came with owner's manuals...Good for you Blake, with riding your bike to school. You're going to be looking slim and trim!

Carlee Hoopes said...

YAY! I'm glad you were given the go-ahead to give Owen rice cereal. Does he like it yet? It took Maggie a good week or so to decide she liked it and to sort of learn how to eat from a spoon. I still think it's fun to feed her her cereal though. Those pics of Owen are really cute. Have you found his cereal under the creases in his neck yet? I do all the time!

Chelsea said...

Kristen (and Blake)- Glad to have found you! And, I'm thrilled to see pics of the little guy. I've totally been dying to see what he looks like. And Blake, Derek totally wants to play softball, so you two should organize a team.

Joel and Tera said...

Hey guys!!! This is Tera Meyer or Terilyn. I found your blog off of the Richard's blog. I hope that is alright. I am just getting into bloggin. I thought you guys were going to Florida? You guys look so happy and cute. Cangrats on Owen, he is adorable. Glad everything is going well. Blogs are such a great invention. If you would like to see our blog (very new, sorry) send me your email. tmmeyer05@yahoo.com Good luck

The Wilson Family said...

This is Marcia I snuck on from Christy's Blog. Congrats on the handsome boy!! They are so fun! You have a super cute blog that I intend on visiting if that's ok!!

Unknown said...

Hey Blake! I was looking at blogs for a bit and ended up on yours! How are you? Your little boy is very cute! I think him and my daughter are really close in age. We started her on rice cereal this week too. She is great at blowing bubbles in it; I hope eventually she will get the hang of it! You have a cute family!

the5johnsons said...

I just figured out this blogging thing. I had no idea that they are so much fun and they make it easy to keep in touch with family and friends. My little nephew is darling. I can believe how much he has grown since i last saw him.