Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What we've been doing today

I know I still haven't posted any pictures of the new house, they will be coming soon. I have not been in the blogging mood for quite some time, but I thought I'd write a quick post on what we've been doing today.
Owen and Ella thought it would be great fun to color mommy's carpet green!
Sorry for the bad pic, I was so flustered, I couldn't hold still. Plus the camera was on some weird setting.
Luckily for me, it turned out to be this green bubble bath stick and wasn't permanent.
So off to the store we went to rent a steam cleaner. I won't even put a picture of what we looked like on here, because we looked like ragamuffins. 
Here is the after pic. Luckily, it all came up and now my house smells like green apples.

Then I started feeling bad that I yelled at the kids, so we made a special treat for a snack...fried tortilla snowflakes with powdered sugar and sugar and cinnamon. They were delicious and I think the kids forgave me with the first bite.




The day is young, on to the next adventure...naptime.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

The great thing about kids is they forgive easy. My parents gave us a carpet cleaner one year for Christmas, the best present I have ever received!

Katie said...

Wow, I would be freaking out too! Nice that it came out! It is nice that kids forgive easy...I'm super impressed with your snowflake tortillas. For some reason it reminds me of your mosiac table you were making in college. Must be creativity or something...!

Heather said...

SOOO glad it came out! I'll have to try those tortillas!

The Huffs said...

You are a better mom than me... They probably would have been sent to their rooms for eternity!:) Looks like you had a good day!

Unknown said...

What a scare! Glad it turned out okay. Yummy looking tortillas.

the5johnsons said...

Of course they waited to do that until you were in your new house. Good thing it came out. They are so cute even if they were a little naughty.