Saturday, November 8, 2008

Grocery Deals

I wanted to share with you some of the deals I got this week, to prove that my constant coupon hording is worthwhile.

Albertsons Total: $26.90 -$15 in-store credit
This week, they are running a promotion that states if you buy $30 worth of participating products, you will receive a coupon for $15 off your next shopping trip. So here's my loot:9 B.C. potatoes $1 each= $9 used 3 $.40 off coupons=$7.80 (that's all I had)
6 B.C. cake mixes $1 each=$6
6 Lipton rice and noodle sides $1 each=$6
3 B.C. cookie mixes $1.67 each used 3 $.75 coupons=$2.76
2 onion soup mixes $1 each=$2
2 tubs of frosting $1.67 used 2 $.50 off coupons=$2.34

Total before coupons: $31.35
Total after coupons: $26.90
Received $15 coupon for next shopping trip, so basically it works out to be about $.50 an item, which I think is good.
I know it doesn't seem like I saved very much with my coupons, but I mostly wanted to show that even if you don't have lots of coupons, you can still get a good deal. It would have been a lot better with more coupons, though.


Safeway
Total:$3.39
6 Quaker instant oatmeal on sale for $1.57 used $1 off coupon and a Safeway coupon that will double 4 coupons up to .50 each, so it's like I had $1.50 off on each oatmeal.= $.07 each= $.42
1 Coke 8 pack bottles used in-ad Safeway coupon Buy 3 greeting cards, get Coke free= free
3 greeting cards $.99 each=$2.97
Plus I got the little stuffed dog free from Hallmark since I bought 3 cards

Total before coupons:$19.38
Total after coupons:$3.39

Here's my stockpile, although most of it isn't life-saving food storage, it does help us avoid buying things when they are expensive. Notice the jars of peaches and pears that Blake and I picked and canned this year. I am glad we get yummy fruit all winter long without paying high prices.

1 comment:

Bodacious Barlows said...

Honey, you're rockin' the cat box with all of these deals! I thought I was the coupon queen but I'm just gonna have to move over because it looks like I need to learn some tricks of the trade from you! I was going to tell you to check out spoofee.com. there's always random stuff there and you can click on coupons and it will show you some awesome deals from a lot of stores. Anyway, You're awesome!!!