Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snow Day!!!



For those of you that don't know, Eugene is pretty close to sea level. It always rains but doesn't snow often. This morning we were surprised to wake up to snow. When it does snow, all the kids in the apartment complex go out to play in it, even if it's only an inch. Parker was really happy when I took him out in the morning to go to the bathroom. Since they get no snow here, there are no plows, salt, gravel, or snowblowers. I joked to myself that they might cancel church. Since we only had about 2 inches I thought I was just kidding. Sure enough we got a call from the elders quorum letting us know church was canceled. I was told that when it snows in Eugene no one goes anywhere. I never imagined church would be canceled. Here are some picture for ya'll.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That's so funny about church being canceled! Did Owen get to play in the snow?

BKC said...

Thanks for "tagging" me...I love your blog! And I love the orange kitchen....

Steph said...

That is hilarious!! I swear the only time they've cancelled anything was a few weeks ago when we got like a foot in 4 hours, it was coming down!! So for two inches, that is just funny.. Looks like you guys had fun though!! :)