Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Poor Sweet Baby!

Our little Owen isn't doing so well. Blake got sick with a cold over the break, and we think that Owen got it from him, or possibly somewhere else, but either way, he got a cold. We took him to the doctor on Friday, but she said to just watch him and see if it gets any better. Unfortunately, he got worse, so Monday we took him back into the doctor, and she took chest x-rays and said it looked like he was coming down with pneumonia. So we checked him into the hospital, and it turns out he has RSV which caused the pneumonia. Poor kid! He seems to be doing a little better. He may get to go home tomorrow if he starts eating better, so we'll see. Sorry about the video, it was taken with Blake's laptop.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry! We will keep all of you in our prayers. I can't imagine going through that and to have to do it so far from family, we love you guys and we are thinking of you!!

BKC said...

Oh my goodness I am so sorry! Poor Owen. As if taking care of these sweet little ones isn't challenging enough...being sick doesn't make it any easier. Keep us posted!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Poor little guy! I am so sorry! I sure hope all goes well and that he recovers quickly!

Ryan said...

Dang, he's in my prayers. That's the worst. Josh has been throwing up the past few days. He's sure getting cute though!

candice said...

I hope he gets to come home soon. I was sorry to hear that he is sick. We will keep you in our prayers. I guess one thing to be grateful for is hospitals and doctors...even if they cost a fortune. Keep us posted. We miss you guys.

Heidi said...

Hope you guys are doing okay. RSV can be scary stuff! We are thinking about you.

Kristin said...

Thanks everyone for your support! We feel so lucky to have great friends like you!

Katie said...

That's got to be hard for you guys. It's the worst when your little one's not feeling well...they're miserable which makes you sad and tired! We'll be praying for you too.

The Sayamas said...

Hi Blake and Kristin, it's good to see you guys on here. Congratulations on your sweet little boy! How is he doing now? I am so sorry that he was sick. RSV is so scary, I've heard it's the worst it's ever been this year. Well, good luck with everything.