Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Wonderful Wife (and Family visit).

Last night was pretty rough.  Owen wouldn't sleep and my patience was wearing thin.  After failing to get Owen to sleep at 3:00 A.M., Kristin stepped in to accomplish what I could not.  Today, while I fight off sleeping in class, I really started thinking about all the things Kristin does for me and how much patience she must have with the two kids and dog at home.  To make my day seem even longer, I was looking at some recent photos of her that I really like.  I just wanted tell Kristin thanks for being amazing.  I love her very much.


This photo kind of sums it all up, crying baby, smiling Kristin.

Subsequently, I realized that I have focused too much on my cooking blog, and I didn't post the recent trip my family (parents, brother, nephew) took out to visit us.  We had a ton of fun going to the coast, going on a tractor ride to get pumpkins, going to an aquarium, and just hanging out.  Some of the highlights include:
  1. Watching Kelly eat a fish sandwich.
  2. Hanging out with my parents at the beach on their anniversary.
  3. Having a sneaker wave take me out along with Owen, Karter, Kelly, and Kelly's expensive photography equipment.
  4. Having Kelly and my Mom around to take many photos.  Both are really good and Kelly does it for a living.  None of the photos on this post were taken by me.
  5. Seeing sharks at the aquarium.
  6. Driving 6 hours to see Crater Lake, only to see snow and clouds.
  7. Eating the best french toast ever.  (Captain crunch french toast made by Kelly).
  8. Spending time with my wife and kids without a care in the world.
Here are some photos:

The man crew. (Blake, Karter, Dad, Owen, Parker)



Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

 

Owen hates the paparazzi. 





Really cool photo that Kelly took of a boarded up  store in rural Oregon.

Can Kelly salvage the photo equipment?



Ella with Grandpa.

 
Mom sacrificing a virgin pumpkin to the harvest gods.



*NOTE: My brother would probably like me to disclose that he would never publish many of these photos as they may not have been the best shot of the set.  He takes pride in his photography.  These are just the ones that I liked.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks Blake, that was very sweet of you, I am flattered.

And that was the BEST french toast.

Unknown said...

What a good picture of your parents! I also like the ones of Kristin.

the5johnsons said...

Kelly did do a great job taking pictures. He always does. Looks like you had a great time. Your family is beautiful.

Heidi said...

Your wife is pretty awesome! I'm glad that we didn't have any sneaker waves come and get us. Sounds like you had a great visit, I just hope it wasn't too much better than ours. :)

Jenny and Josh said...

Kristen is the BEST! And so pretty :)

Anonymous said...

A+ on the photos - I wish I could have met your brother and had a kooky gear nerd talk. I just posted about camera equipment on my blog.