Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Ella

We got to welcome little Ella Jean Johnson into our family early this morning. She came at 4:31 am, weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. and was 20 inches long. She is such a good baby already, she eats and sleeps and hardly ever cries. It truly amazes me how these sweet little babes come into this world. One day she's in my belly and the next, I'm holding her. Every time I look at her I feel so grateful that I am given the opportunity to raise one of Heavenly Father's little babies.
The hospital bed is making my back ache, but other than that, I feel really good. SO much better than the first time.
Enjoying a well-deserved breakfast!
Owen meeting Ella for the first time. Notice the car that Ella brought with her for Owen.
(Thanks for the idea Candice!)
Owen "petting" Ella like he pets Parker.
Owen did really well around Ella, he still doesn't understand who she is, but he is gentle with her and even kissed her on the head a few times. I wonder how things will go when he realizes this baby is coming home with us and isn't leaving. Owen has been staying over at our friends' home so that Blake could spend some time with Ella and me at the hospital. It has been really nice having him around so much, thanks Landon and Heather!
And thanks for everyone who has given us gifts, offered help and best wishes- you are very appreciated.

17 comments:

Steph said...

Congrats you guys!! What an exciting time, she is absolutely beautiful!! I love the name too, so cute!!

Dan and Ang said...

She's so beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special time!

Michelle said...

She's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her and I'm so glad she's being such a sweetie :) I can't believe she's here and that you're no longer pregnant...I've heard of that happening...
Congratulations!
Michelle

Heather said...

Can't wait to see her in person! Glad you're getting some time together...Owen is being such a good boy (better than Dallin, in fact)!

Chelsea B. said...

Congrats! She sure is a little sweetie. I will call you next week when we are finally back in Eugene, and you can give me a list of how to help! Hope you are doing well.

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! She is so beautiful. She has a yon of hair? Don;t you love that? Hope you are feeling wonderful. Wish we could be there to see her.

Christy said...

Wow! Look at that hair! What a cutie! Congrats guys, how fun :) !

The Porter Family said...

She is gorgeous!! Love all the hair! August 18th birthdays are the BEST. :) (Mine was yesterday, too) :D Congrats guys!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. For some reason I thought you guys were due in October, so I was pretty surprised when I got an email say Ella was born. She's beautiful, and that's a really good idea about the present. Hmmm, I'll have to use that next time....

Hope you're feeling well! We miss you guys.

Tara said...

Congrats!! What a cutie. I love the name too!

Unknown said...

She is adorable! So much hair, I love it. We miss you guys!

Jenny and Josh said...

Congrats!! She is adorable!!

Jenn said...

Congrats! What a sweetie, and your boy didn't do half bad. I hope you heal quickly, get enough sleep, and take pictures.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! she is absolutely beautiful. You're so lucky!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! She's adorable! I can't wait to kiss her sweet little cheeks. We're so happy for you guys!!

Kim, Heather's mother said...

What a beautiful baby girl. I can't wait to see her when I visit Heather/Landon/Dallin in October.

the5johnsons said...

She is a doll. we can't waite to see her in person.