Monday, February 23, 2009

Much Needed Break

Over the past couple weeks I have been pretty busy with school. It seemed as though all my big projects fell upon me at the same time. I ended up putting in about 65 - 70 each week trying to finish everything. Luckily, I have a couple weeks before things really pick up again. Kristin was more than patient with me. She even forgave me when I had to spend Valentine's Day night at school while I helped with a school competition. To make it up to her I took her out to dinner at a local restaurant that has a very nice spot on the banks of the Willamette River. Then we went out for ice cream at Prince Puckler's. It was really good, but I think that Farr Better Ice Cream in Ogden is a better choice. (Even if President Obama had ice cream there last year). Thanks again to the Richards for watching Owen.

I can't take credit for being busy all the time because Kristin is putting a lot of time into the young women's program. She has been planning a lot of activities and lessons lately. She has been a real busy body. Hopefully we can spend some time together over the next couple of weeks. She deserves it.

One of my friends at school took some pictures as evidence that I was really working hard over Valentines day weekend.



This is during the first night of competition. Yes, that is an Alta Ski Resort sticker on that Mac, but it's not mine.


Here I am giving instruction to some of our witnesses before the first night. We organized over 150 volunteer witnesses and close to 100 attorney judges to help out over the course of 3 days. In the end we held 36 mini trials each lasting 3 hours long. It was a huge undertaking.

Our final rounds were held here at the Eugene Federal Courthouse. It sticks out like a sore thumb because of its artsy fartsy look.


NOTE: I would like to formally object to this sissy color scheme. Pink on black? Come on, I don't deserve any of the blame for how "cute" our blog is right now.

NOTE 2: I have noticed that almost every undergrad girl wears those crazy Ugg boots. They are so common that one might think they are issued to undergrads as part of their tuition. First of all, boots are okay. Kristin has a very nice pair of leathery fuzzy boots that look really good. Unfortunately most Ugg boots actually look like this. They look like you're walking around with two dead Nutria on your feet. Now, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just think this Aussie fashion statement needs to disappear like Crocodile Dundee. Just because some celebrity decides to wear them does not make them okay. That is, unless you ladies would like guys to start looking to our own favorite celebrities for fashion advice.

6 comments:

The Porter Family said...

Wow! What a long project Blake! Kristen, I LOVE the pink on black...don't listen to your hubby on that one. P.S. Any pregnancy updates? :D Yay!

Heidi said...

Wow, I can't believe the hours you have put in lately. You look so professional in that picture.

I definitely think you should start dressing like those celebrities!

Ryan said...

Glad I steered myself away from law school... I do love what you've done with the blog Blake. I'd know your handywork anywhere. I think that you're on track with the Uggs. Now lets hear what you have to say about tights and long shirts...

Heather said...

Enjoyed your post, Blake. Especially the nutria...
well, that and your favorite celebrities.

party of four said...

Even better is Ugg boots with mini-skirts. I love how many undergrad girls wear their super short skirts with ugg boots as soon as it starts getting sunny...even though it's 8am and still 45 degrees. So are they cold, or hot? I can never tell.

Blake said...

I think those girls date the guys that play sand volleyball with their shirts off in mid-February.