Monday, July 14, 2008

Coupons have me buying the most random things

Sorry, I know that a lot of you are probably not interested in my coupon posts, but I had to show off, I was just so proud! I am not nearly as awesome and efficient as other coupon moms, but I'm slowly getting there. So I went to Albertsons today to pick up a few random things I had coupons for, and this is what I got.Kool-Aid x 3 = .60
Crystal Light =3.99 used coupon that makes it free when you buy 3 Kraft products (Kool Aid) also used .50 off coupon (some stores will let you use coupons on free items, which makes you actually "make" money off the item) = .50 overage
McCormick seasoning - 1.00 used .50 off coupon, doubled=free
Clean Team wipes - 1.29 used 1.00 off coupon =.29
Beech Nut baby food x 6- 3.24 used 1.00 off 6 jars =2.24
Excedrin- 1.99 on sale used 2.00 off coupon =free
I had a Safeway coupon (which Albertsons will accept) that allows coupons to be doubled, but maxes out at 2.00, so I got the 2.00 off my total at the end.
Total before coupons = 12.11
Total after coupons = 1.12 at least that's what I should have paid, but now that I'm adding it up, I think the cashier gave me a extra 1.00 off somwhere.
I actually paid only .12 for everything. Cool huh?
The young kid that was ringing my stuff up looked at the total and seemed shocked. He probably thinks he rang it up wrong because the total was so low. As I was walking away I saw him looking at the coupons again, trying to figure it out. I love it!

6 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

That's awesome! It's amazing how much you can save!

BKC said...

Very nice! I'm so into this coupon thing right now so I'll keep you posted on stuff I find too. Hav e you been on the Betty Crocker site? if you sign up (easy) there's a long list of items you can click on for coupons. Very nice :)

the5johnsons said...

That is awesome. I love going in for the thrill of the deal. I can't say that i have ever gotten quite the deals that you have though. I guess i'll need a lesson when you are here for a while

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom said...

Great job! I love it when coupons allow me to try things for cheap that I might not otherwise. If I like them, awesome! If I don't, well, then I don't feel bad for having wasted a ton of money on it.

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom

Tara said...

Kristin you are a genius! I need to learn from your coupon skills. I am horrible at clipping coupons and all of that madness.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and that your son is just so cute!!

Erin said...

Nice to see you guys have a blog! I totally appreciate this post. Before I started blogging, I would email my family (who couldn't care less) all my coupon deals. My best finds were Gerber jars for 2 cents (I stocked up for Levi's whole babyhood), and Mega packs of Luvs for $3.50. I haven't couponed in a while, as much. Seems like I was mostly getting junk - the candy and chips are always what the coupons are for.