Saturday, April 19, 2008

Batchelor Pad?

Kristin took a trip out to see her family and attend a wedding in Michigan. She is going to be gone for a full 14 days and I miss her already. While she is gone I am in full study mode as classes have finished and I have 4 finals over a three week period. Making the most of this time, I thought I would focus on things I would enjoy by my self. Here is a summary of how those have turned out:

Cooking whatever crazy food I want: It's definitely more fun to impress Kristin with my cooking than impressing myself.

Not having the blankets stolen from me at night
: Not having anyone to steal the blankets.

Playing the Wii: The dog doesn't care if I scored high in bowling.

No crying baby: Never get to hear my crying baby, smell his little head, or make him laugh.

Watch an action movie:
What good is a guy movie if it can't drive your wife crazy.

Being able to study at home
: Parker isn't as good as Kristin at pretending to be interested in cool legal theories.

Speaking of Parker, he also misses Mom and Owen because I just sit on the couch and read all day.


Needless to say, I miss Kristin and really appreciate all the joy she brings to my life. It's also really hard to be away from Owen when he is at such a fun age. I can't imagine how hard it is for servicemen to go on tour and leave their families for months on end.

That being said, I have managed to have fun. I invented a great new pasta recipe with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, spinach, and garlic. Not to mention I did manage to get a really good score in Wii bowling. Tonight I might take all of Owen's bath toys and recreate the Battle of Midway in the bath. Then I'll dress Parker up like Godzilla and throw him in the mix as well. See you later.

5 comments:

Blake said...

By the way. I understand that our blog has lame snowflakes all over and here it is almost May. Please leave a message to the blog administrator (Kristin) asking her to change the background.

Dan and Ang said...

This post is hilarious! Blake,if you get desparate enough, you can call us and tell us all about your legal theories.
ATTN: Blog Administrator- snowflakes are so last season. Please change it to something more appropriate, like Transformers.

Kristin said...

Sorry about the snowflakes...but I'm going off of Utah weather, and isn't it still snowing there? I don't really know how to change it, someone needs to help me figure it out.
I want to say "thank you" to Blake for this post, it really made me feel loved. I thought I was excited to have a break from the dog and Blake's cooking...ha ha, just kidding...but now that I'm gone, all I want to do is come home and eat some hummus and play Sequence with my sweet husband. Thanks Blake. I love you.

Heidi said...

Kristin now you have in writing how Blake feels about you so you can pull it out when you need to remind him. That's very sweet Blake, I think I'm going to go away to see how Aaron feels.

Kelly said...

That does sound like a tasty recipe. You didn't mention any thing about what meat you put in. Maybe a lot of chicken.

Any way you should buy some memory for your computer whilst she is away.