Monday, February 8, 2010

Tonight I made some yummy potato and leek soup for dinner. I couldn't resist taking a picture, mostly for Blake's sake. This is the recipe I used, with the addition of some chili powder and cumin.


Owen was busy entertaining Ella...and himself. He came running into the kitchen saying, "Hat, Hat!" and pointing into the living room.
This is how he was entertaining himself.

Here's another picture of Ella with part of Owen's potty chair on her head. Unused potty chair, mind you.


I need to remember to take more pictures because I don't want to forget these kind of nights. I love my kids!

5 comments:

Blake said...

Ha, ha. Thanks for putting some mint on that soup. Five star move. You should have posted the picture where Owen made Ella wear his training potty as a hat.

Katie said...

Kristin you are definitely Blake's wife! The soup looks yummy, you should post the recipe.
Ella is a beautiful little thing, isn't she? Hope you're doing well.

Kelly said...

That's interesting because I just had potato leek soup and thought it tasted fishy. A leek is obviously not a fish but that was the taste so I didn't finish it. You know, Tender stomach and all.

Heidi said...

I love that you did such a nice presentation of the soup, Blake should love you just for that. I love the pictures of Ella!
Aaron and I were talking last night about how we wanted a fish sandwich and I told him we should just jump on a plane and surprise you guys and head to Mo's. Oh and then stay there and never come back here, what do you think? We miss you guys!

Kristin said...

I think that sounds like a great idea Heidi! We haven't been out to the coast in months, it's about time we go again. Maybe we can meet up in Seattle, I've really been wanting to go there.