Monday, May 25, 2009

Loon Lake

Spring semester is finally over. It really seemed more hectic than either semesters my first year. To celebrate, Kristin and I decided to take the family out to the coast for a vacation. We rented a cabin for two nights at Loon Lake in Oregon. It was a lot of fun for all of us. We hiked to a waterfall, played at the beach, went for a boat ride, and Parker got first place in the Doggy Costume Contest. He got a $50 gift card to Petco. Kristin made that awesome fish costume for him. We discovered that Owen loves sand. Now we can't take him near sand unless we are willing to let him get all dirty.








We also spent some time in Florence, OR for their annual Rhododendron Days. Each year thousands of motorcyclists show off their hardware during the festival. There was a parade and a carnival that is reminiscent of the small town carnivals you might find in movies such as "Big" but without the Zoltar machine. We also spent some time at the ocean playing in the sand.




(The beagle is not ours, apparently he just wanted his picture taken)

We also had to get a second vehicle because I am commuting to work this summer. We decided to go with a Chrysler Town and Country. (This is not ours, but it looks just like it). Becoming a minivan family was a big step in my adulthood, but the dual power sliding doors makes a little easier to adjust. Thankfully we don't have enough money to buy a new van because I would have a really tough time justifying buying from a government owned car company.

As for work, I have really enjoyed my first couple of weeks. I have been involved in a number of types of work including real estate law, bankruptcy, employment, contract, personal injury, and even a DUI. I get to draft court documents and do plenty of research. I'm really having a good time. As for Kristin, she is getting closer to her due date and our apartment is getting hotter. (Not a winning combo). Luckily we have a pool at our apartment complex that we use to cool off in the evenings. Owen loves the water.


3 comments:

Jenny and Josh said...

SO fun!!!

Jami said...

Kristin I like the costume. Way cute. We miss you guys. Hey will tell Candice and Mike to send us an invite to their blog please.

Heidi said...

That's looks like a ton of fun. It made me so excited to come and see you guys! Kristin didn't even look pregnant in those pictures. I'm glad you are enjoying your new job.