Saturday, March 28, 2009

My first creation

I've really felt the creative juices flowing, now that I found out I was having a girl. So I dove right in and made my first girly thing- a tutu. I think it turned out really cute, and it was super easy. I just cut strips of tulle about 12 inches long and then tied them around a small elastic. I think I need to sew through the knots, just to make sure they stay put. I haven't felt like sewing for the longest time, but now my mind is brimming with all the cute and wonderful things I want to make for her. Next up: a nursing cover, stroller bag, blankets and maybe some dresses.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

It's probably a really good thing I don't have any girls, I would not be able to contain myself with all of the fun accessories!

the5johnsons said...

I am so excited for you. I was thinking the same thing though. What cute little girl things can i make. We haven't had a baby girl around for a while now. It us just so exciting. By the way, I call dibs on the blessing blanket and bracelet!

Jenn said...

Congrats! What a cute little tutu. I can't wait to see pictures. You have to tell me how you made that tutu.